I am a complete beginner - are your classes suitable?
All of my classes are suitable for those with no experience of silver smithing before (unless otherwise stated). Please don't be put off if you are a complete beginner - the vast majority of people who attend my classes are!
Class sizes are deliberately kept small so 1:1 assistance is available throughout.
Where is the class located?
The class is held in my studio space in Croft Myl just out of the centre of Halifax. There is a car park available at the back of the building for attendees of my class. The mill is also a short walk from Halifax bus or train station.
What is your refund policy if I can't make a class I have booked?
All bookings are final and non refundable unless cancelled by Hello Halfpenny. You may be able to transfer to another class at my discretion with advance notice.
Do I need to bring anything with me?
Glasses if you usually wear them for reading. Otherwise everything else you need for the class is included in the price, including refreshments. Please see below requirements for safety in the workshop.
Something to tie your hair up with if it is past shoulder length. Please wear suitable clothing that you don't mind getting dirty and closed toe shoes.
Can I book a private class for a group of friends?
Absolutely! If you have a group of 4-6 people and would like to come for a private class just drop me a message to discuss. Alternatively if you have a larger group and a space of your own with tables and chairs I can come to you.
How are you ensuring your classes are COVID secure?
During these uncertain times I have made the following adjustments to my classes to ensure I am complying with Government guidelines and keeping all attendees safe. If you have any further questions please just ask.
-Classes will be limited to 4 people with one empty workspace between each person to allow adequate distancing whilst working.
- Every person will have a box of equipment which will be disinfected before the class and will not be used by anyone else during the class.
- Any large communal equipment will be disinfected between users and anti bacterial wipes and spray will be available throughout.
- I will wear a visor throughout the class as closer contact will sometimes be necessary in order to offer 1:1 assistance.
- Every person will be allocated a mug for the duration of the class which can be topped up as required.
- Antibacterial hand gel will be available at the entrance to my studio and every attendee will be required to use this on entering and exiting.
- Please do not attend class if you or your household are displaying any symptoms of COVID 19, however minor. Contact me as soon as you know you are unable to attend and we can arrange to transfer you to a class at a later date.